March 10, 2021
On 03/08/2021, the Friendly House Board of Managers unanimously decided that Hidden Hollow Camp could re-open for the 2021 season with changes to programming, schedules, policies, and procedures in order to run HHC safely and efficiently as the COVID-19/Coronavirus pandemic continues.
The Hidden Hollow Camp COVID-19 Mitigation and Operations Plan, should be read thoroughly by all interested families and staff applicants in order to make the decision if HHC will be the right choice for you this summer. These are new policies and procedures that have been created for the 2021 season. This plan is continuously changing and any old information will be “
STRIKED” and new information in its place.
Below is basic information for HHC 2021. All of these points are also in conjunction to everything listed in the Mitigation and Operations Plan linked above. All of these points are subject to change as we move forward:
- Campers must be between the ages of 8-15. There will be no option for ages 16+ that missed their last year as a camper in 2020.
- Camp will be begin on July 11, 2021 and will run for four weeks — July 11-17, July 18-24, July 25-31, and August 1-7. A possible fifth week of camp, August 8-14 will be added if there is interest. All camp weeks will be ages 8-15. There are no Special Days in 2021. There will be no Jr. Camp program for 2021.
- Camp capacities are 100 campers per week — 50 boys and 50 girls. 10 cabins will be used for campers.
- Cost of camp is $450 per week, per camper. Campers may only attend one week of camp. All campers and staff must have permanent residence in Ohio. Out of state (and country) campers and staff will not be allowed to participate in HHC for 2021.
- Camperships (scholarships) will be available for qualifying Richland County residents.
- There will be no KP program in 2021.
- Camp registration will be completely online and will begin on Monday, April 12 at 6:30pm (EST). Registration will be through the CampMinder/CampInTouch system. More information and links to this system will be posted as the date comes closer. To receive information through the CampInTouch system, please click here to fill out an inquiry form — IF YOU HAVEN’T ALREADY.
Please reach out if you have any other questions that cannot be answered through the FAQ’s or the Hidden Hollow Camp COVID-19 Mitigation and Operations Plan.
Brianna Sammataro, HHC Camp Director firstname.lastname@example.org